Print Room

Mather_6275_Heritage Centre Print ShopWick has had its own newspapers.

The John O Groat Journal, was founded in 1836 when a bustling busy town had a range of printing needs.

The main Linotype machine and other ancillary equipment were donated and set up by original John O’Groat Journal staff, other artefacts including a boys’ message bicycle were originally used by Wick Printer, J Henderson whose business was conducted a mere 50 metres from this museum